The latest Climbing and Bouldering News feed from 8a.nu
- Improved maps March 9, 2014The webmaster has improved the crag maps so it works quicker and more smoothly. Over 2 500 crags have been marked on our maps which you also will find in the 8a Topo App. Go to a crag and click on the map for detailed description or try by continent: Europe, North America, South America and Asia.
- 8c by Shevchenko (15) and Samoilov (16) from Crimea March 8, 2014Vladyslav Shevchenko and Fedor Samoilov (16) have been on a good trip to Misja Pec where both have done Strelovod 8c and also 8b+'s. Last year Vladyslav, see picture, did his first 8c+ in Nikita located by the sea in Crimea in Ukraine.
- 8b+ trad by Fabian Buhl March 7, 2014Fabian Buhl, who the last two years have done 12 boulders 8B+ and harder, has made the 4th ascent of Beat Kammerlander's Prinzip Hoffnung 8b+ at Bürser Platte. (c) Stefan Schlumpf "After my second ankle fracture within 6 months, I was walking again, but jumping down was forbidden to me for another 3 weeks. So I searched for some alternative experie […]
- Time Comparison - A reference to No or Personal grades March 6, 2014Grades are important for selecting your challenges and to measure real progress. At the same time, many climbers want to stay away from personal gradings as it sometimes create polemics. Time Comparison Grading (TCG) can be used as a grade reference for both the guys who want to share or stay away from personal grades. If the prerequisites are the same when […]
- Spanish sends: Primo (two 8c+/9a) and Raquel (8c) March 6, 2014José Luis Palao 'Primo' (pic with him on 'Digital System' ©Christian Checa) trained for a week under Patxi Usobiaga's advice in order to get the power-endurance needed for his projects in Sta. Linya and it was well worth it cause he quickly sent two hardcore routes there: Analógica Natural (8c+/9a in the topo) and Fabela pa la Enmien […]
- ABS 15 National Championships • Women March 5, 2014[vimeo 88063120 w=370 h=208]
- ABS 15 National Championships • Men March 5, 2014[vimeo 88145860 w=370 h=208]
- Trice 8A+ by Isabelle Faus March 5, 2014Isabelle Faus has done Trice in Flagstaff which has been considered the first 8A+ in the world established by Jim Holloway in 1975. Here is an 8a article about the legend. Carlo Traversi did the second ascent in 2007. Isabelle (20) has previoulsy done one 8A+ and six 8A's, the first one being 16 years old. Last year, she was #25 in the Vail Boulder Worl […]
- 9a FA by Kleman Becan - Water world March 4, 2014Kleman Becan has written a nice blog about his FA of Water World 9a in Osp. Klemen bolted it almost two years ago and at first he could only do two of the first 30 moves which is followed by a 30 m 8b. Than the rain come creating a small lake under so he had to go by boat or tyrolean traverse to the route. The Slovenian has been a successful competition clim […]
- "Topping out" by down climbing hang March 3, 2014Sidney Trinidad won the USA bouldering nationals youth B in a superior style. Her she is "topping out" one spectacular problem that finished with several down climbing moves. The guys did it by hanging in their toes... click on the picture to see how amazed the route setter was. (c) @justfab Video Mirko Caballero, who also won, explains the problem […]
- 9a+ in Oliana by Ramonet March 3, 2014Ramón Julian Puigblanque has after six tries over three days done Power Inverter 9a+ in Oliana which was open by Chris Sharma in 2010. In total, the 159 cm tall, has done ten 9a+ during the last eleven years and he has won 20 World Cups including one Euro and two World Champions. Combining rock and competitions, Ramonet has been the most successful climber t […]
- Follow ascents by your "friends" and in Crags March 3, 2014Log-in and find your "friends" scorecard and click: "Add to My Friends - Stay updated on all ascents from this Scorecard/Log-book" In the same way you can go to a specific crag and click: " Add to My Updates >= All" You can also choose more specific if you want only ascents 8a and more etc.
- 8C in Font by Iker Arroitajauregi March 2, 2014Iker Arroitajauregi has after six days of projecting made the third ascent of Jan Hojer's Jour de Chasse 8C in Fontainebleau. The 36 year old has previously done one 8C, Txapela and numerous 8B+'s. Interview in spanish with many videos.
- Three 8c's by Barbara Zangerl in Oliana March 1, 2014Barbara Zangerl reports on facebook has done the three classic 8c's; Fish Eye, T1 Full equip and Mind Control that might be 8c+. (c) Jacopo Larcher (Who onsighted two 8b+; China Crisis and Gorilas en la Niebla). "I think T1 Full Equip is easier....8b+ (for sure not harder). I really enjoy the time here in Oliana. It's my first visit. I will go […]
- 8b+ (c) by Moritz Perwitzschky (14) March 1, 2014Moritz Perwitzschky has done Ronin 8b+ (c) in Frankenjura. "First 8c :)! 5th go, maybe 8b+, but nevertheless nice 3D- roof-climbing with one hard bouldery section." In January, the 14 year old, onsighted four 8a's in Geyik Bayiri.