The latest Climbing and Bouldering News feed from 8a.nu
- 8C also by Gabri Moroni December 9, 2013Gabri Moroni has done Insanity of Grandeur 8C in Chironico. Earlier this autumn the previous successfull WC boulderer has done four 9a's and harder. "2nd ascent of this great testpiece from Dai! Took me 5 days of work this year + 15minutes to do Delusion of Grandeur a few years ago. I haven't tried other 8C's in my life but I'm prett […]
- Meadowlark 8B+ (C) for Daniel Woods December 8, 2013Daniel Woods has done Paul Robinson's Meadowlark Lemon in Red Rocks for which he gives a personal grade of 8B+. (c) Bearcam "Have dreamed about this line! One of the most aesthetic and fun to climb lines I have done. Jimmy and I warmed up in the sun, then made our way back into the "ice box," to meet up with Nalle and Bearcam at the lark. […]
- Sardinia - The next boulder destination December 8, 2013Fabian Buhl, who were in the La Sportiva Sardina Bloc Scouting team in November reports about a potential new boulder granite destination in the north of the beautiful island - Gallura. "I would recommend the area for all people that want to combine a nice holiday, with all the great Italian culture and doing FA's! We opened roughly 150 boulders. L […]
- Third 9b+ FA by Adam Ondra December 6, 2013Adam Ondra has established his third 9b+ FA, Vasil Vasil in Sloup. In total the 20 year old has done 86 routes 9a and harder out of which 21 are 9a+ or harder FA's. "2 years and 20-25 days on this thing. It is definitely not mega line, it is painful, short and in dirty place. But it was there, I bolted it 5 years ago and I couldn't leave it un […]
- 9a by Sachi Amma December 4, 2013Sachi Amma who has won the Lead World Cup the two last years has done Chris Sharma's Tierra Negra 9a in Margalef. "Good to stay in Spain after the World Cup season. 5 goes. There are monos and 2 fingers with powerful moves. Now I am used to rock in Spain! I move to Oliana. Short interview - No plan just climbing
- Nina Williams #1 in the ranking game December 4, 2013Nina Williams has recently done Gentlemen's Project, 8a in Joe's Valley, Utah and has moved to #1 in the world ranking game for women. "lots of learned movement, got the bottom dialed but fell off the very last move to the sloper about 6 times... slapped a knee pad on and did it first go of the third-day session." She is the first woman t […]
- Interview with Ramonet - The best rock and WC climber since 2000 December 3, 2013Restjug has made an interview with Ramon Julian Puigblanque, the best Lead World Cup climber since 2000 who also has been Top-3 in the 8a rankings for 10 straight years. © Gerard Montero "Should the results not come with competitions, it might be that I’d like to take a year to have specific objectives on rock. My objective will be to do a 9b. I’ve been […]
- Five ways to add ascents December 3, 20131. Popular climbs - 20 seconds a. Start writing the crag/ sector in the "Search & Add Ascent" box b. Select grade and find your route/boulder c. Record details including comments etc 2. New climbs, First Ascents etc - 30 seconds a. Click "Add" up to the left b. Record name, crag, grade and other details 3. Quick recording - 10 seconds […]
- 8a #30 in 2013 for Cathy Wagner (48) December 3, 2013Cathy Wagner has done two 8a's in Gorges du Loup and in total she has now done 30 including three 8a+ in 2013. Normally she does around 20 8a's a year but it seems the 48 year old goes for her most productive year since 2003. In total, she has done more than 400 8a's out of which just a dozen in Spain.
- VIDEO UPDATE ! James Webb takes a sensational win at La Sportiva Legends December 2, 20131. James Webb 2. Dmitry Sharafutdinov 3. Jan Hojer 4. Alexander Megos, 5. Nalle Hukkataival, 6. Sean McColl James Webb, who never has done any international boulder competitions, took a very impressive victory in front of Dima Sharafutdinov, three times Boulder World Champion. In 2013, James has set a new world standard in bouldering by flashing 37 8A's […]
- Historias de cordada December 2, 2013
- God's Own Stone 8b (+) by Hayes (15) and Kiersch (18) December 2, 2013Margo Hayes (15), see the picture, and Michaela Kiersch (18) have both done God's Own Stone 8b (+) in Red River Gorge. Both have climbed since they were kids and Margo first made headlines when she did her first, out of three, 8A boulders. In the last two Youth Worlds, Margo was #7 and #8. Michaela has been around #10, during the last six Youth World Ch […]
- First 8C by Toshi Takeuchi November 29, 2013Toshi Takeuchi has repeated Paul Robinson's Meadowlark Lemon in Red Rocks. "DONE!!!! YEEEEESSSS Best Boulder I've ever done. 3 days. 4th ascent? So much respect for Paul to find & FA this amazing bloc. HAPPY THANKS GIVING DAY!!!
- 9a by Sindre Saether in Santa Linya November 28, 2013Geir Arne Bore reports that Sindre Saether has done his first 9a, La Fabela por la Enmienda in Santa Linya. The Norwegian is actually one of the best allrounder in the world as he also has done several world class trad ascents, big walls, winter climbing and bouldering.
- The Ice Knife Sit 8C by Daniel Woods November 28, 2013