The latest Climbing and Bouldering News feed from 8a.nu
- 8b+ onsight by Jenny Lavarda July 27, 2014Jenny Lavarda has done an amazing onsighted Le mur des cyclopes 8b+ in St Léger. "I have heard of this beautiful route and when I saw it, I liked it very much. It is a long and intensive route with a crux under the top. The beginning is very overhanging and spectacular with colonettes and the last part with small holds. When I came to the last part of t […]
- 8B+ FA by Samuel Ometz July 27, 2014Samuel Ometzhas done the FA of Pied de biche in Plamproz which was his third 8B+. "Finally!!! Not sure for the grade but that first move is for sure the hardest one I've ever done, I needed around 10 days to stick it, the third time I did it I managed to climb to the top. Perfect short and hard boulder. really happy :) He has previously done 16 8B […]
- Adam Ondra does Biographie 9a+ July 26, 2014Adam Ondra has done the classical Biographie 9a+ in Céüse. It was bolted by Jean-Christophe Lafaille in 1989 and the FA was done by Chris Sharma in 2001. In total, the 45 m nice route has ten ascents which makes it the most repeated 9a+ in the world. In total, Adam has now done 100 routes 9a and harder which actually would have been close to 120 if he had no […]
- Win a free trip to TNF Kalymnos Festival July 26, 2014For the third year in a row, The North Face has asked us to run a scorecard competition where you can win a free trip and accommodation for two persons to the Kalymnos Festival 9 - 12 October. The competition will be like a lottery where you get one ticket for every ascent you record in August.
- 8c and 8b+ by Julia Chanourdie (18) July 26, 2014Planet Grimpe reports that Julia Chanourdie has done Un clin d'oeil au paradis d'en face 8c and Intime étrangère 8b+ at Tournoux during the same day. The 18 year old is also a successful competition climber who last year won the Euro Youth Cup and was #15 among seniors in the Euro Championship.
- Euro cup winners Ometz and Firnenburg boulders in Switzerland July 25, 2014[vimeo 101229613 w=370 h=201] Swiss summer bouldering - part3 from Samuel Ometz on Vimeo.
- 8A+ and 8A by Mina Leslie-Wujastyk July 25, 2014Mina Leslie-Wujastyk has done Leopard Cave 8A+, The Arc and Au bord de l'eau 8A in Rocklands. "Whoop! Nice to finish this one off, was too hard for me last year so satisfying this year! Both high class boulders were set up by Fred Nicole some 15 years ago and in the beginning were given one grade harder. Mina, who has done a total of 19 boulders 8A […]
- Yaniro gives Caballero the story of the world's first 8a July 24, 2014In the fourth episode of Mammut reclimbs the Classic, Tony Yaniro explains the history of his FA The Grand Illusion 8a which he set up 1979 to Mirko Caballero (13). At that time hang-dogging was considered as bad ethics so Tony made a replica practicing at home. [youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmzjzHjSNPM&w=370&h=215]
- Euro Boulder Cup - L'Argentiere July 24, 201495: Margaux Pucheux FRA - David Firnenburg GER 97: Stasa Gejo SRB - Baptiste Ometz SUI 99: Janja Garnbret SLO - Leo Avezou FRA Complete results Janja Garnbret was the most superior, flashing all eight boulders in the qualification and then all the final problems. Also, Baptiste Ometz won both the qually and the final in great style. Both Janja and Baptiste h […]
- Five 8A (+) by Nina Williams in Rocklands July 24, 2014Nina Williams has during one week in Rocklands done five 8A's including The Amphitheatre and Tea with Elmarie both contenders also for including a + in the grade. She started her trip by taking down ten 7C+ including flashing Macho King and she is #2 in the ranking game after Alex Puccio. On the picture, Nina does the FA of Del's Lemonade. (c) Kais […]
- Psicobloc Event in Puente la Reina-Gares (Spain) July 24, 2014brightcove.createExperiences();
- Six 8a+ OS by Matteo Menardi (15) July 22, 2014Matteo Menardi has had a good week in Rodellar having onsigthed six 8a+. During the last few years, we have seen a dramatic redpoint progress by the youngsters but the onsight level has not picked up as much. 8a thinks that it is very important to also have a focus on onsighting.
- 9a FA by Alex Megos in Céüse July 21, 2014Alexander Megos reports on FB, " I found another project here in Ceüse which I finally did yesterday! It's an extension to a 7b called "La pinerie" I would suggest 9a for the grade. Happy about anybody repeating and giving his opinion on the grade!" Arnaud Petit says that the name of the project is Et dieu créa la Flemme and that it […]
- Ondra onsights old-school 8c+, Super Plafond July 21, 2014Planetmountain reports that Adam Ondra has onsighted Super Plafond 8c+ in Volx which was set up in 1994 by Jean Baptiste Tribout. This is the first time an old-school 8c+ was onsighted and this is what Adam said, "Well, it's always seemed to me that all the routes I've done that date back to the 90's are really tough for the grade, that […]
- Hukkataival does FA of Bügeleisen Sit Start 8C (+) July 21, 2014